There’s no better time than Diwali to bring out your traditional finery bright colours and rich fabrics. But what about Diwali celebrations at work? What works at social gatherings may not necessarily ace your workwear style quotient. You want to add a festive touch to your look, without overdressing. Here are a few looks you can wear to work and tips to keep in mind while dressing up.
Festive Wardrobe for Women
- Offset plain kurtas with an embroidered or a Bhagalpuri printed silk dupatta. Plain, silken palazzos or cigarette pants complete the look.
- Skip heavy brocade kurtis for a cotton skirt, palazzo, or cigarette pants (with minimal brocade) and a plain kurti. Feel free to skip the dupatta.
- Mandarin kurtis or angular necklines with a hint of embroidery and mirrorwork on the yoke make for elegant picks at work.
- Wear a self-print waistcoat over a plain kurti and bottom for a contrasting yet understated look at work.
- A plain cotton-silk dupatta—in shades such as beige, off-white, and golden-yellow—adds subtle charm to an embroidered kurti.
- You can also choose a printed silk saree or plain cotton silk saree with a blouse for a festive yet formal attire.
Read More – Latest Saree Trends in 2017
Click the images to shop these stylist-approved ensembles.
Festive Wardrobe for Men
- Choose a kurta in dark color with an embroidered placket paired with a coordinated or contrasting bottom.
- Wear a long solid kurta in brocade silk or khadi paired with jeans for a more comfortable attire.
- Wear a linen-cotton kurta in a pastel hue, with straight-legged pyjamas for a complete fusion and ethnic look.
- Contrast a bright-hued banded collar jacket with a coordinated Mandarin shirt and trouser set for an authoritative look at work.
- Wear a patterned Nehru jacket with matched trousers and Mandarin collar shirt or kurta set in varying shades of the same colour.
Click these images to shop our recommended ensembles.
Choosing Fabrics and Colours
- Pure silk, raw silk, pure cotton, and khadi are more formal and classic. Opt for these over georgette, net, chiffon, velvets, or lace.
- Colours to choose: Mustard yellow, dark green, olive green, navy blue, black, white, beige, pastels, golden and dark pink.
Wish you a stylish festive season!
Featured image Shreya Dhingra/Pinterest