When it comes to casual sophistication, leave it to the slip dress to prove a point. We saw a revival of the silhouette last season, spotted on everyone from Rihanna to Reena. Far from being only the slinky, curve-skimming frock that is an evening-only climax of sheer sensuality, it ‘slipped’ out of the closet to become a key layering piece that could be worn anywhere and anytime
- Layering a knee-length plain slip dress with a trench coat, or structured blazer for a businesslike take. Pair with pumps or Oxfords, slick back your hair and you’re office ready.
- Wear a solid tee or turtle neck under the slip dress for ample coverage and a casual Friday kind of look. Or pick a basic shirt to add a rugged edge to the racy silhouette.
- Turn your slip dress into a tunic top teamed with bottoms. Opaque tights, Straight pants or culottes, take your pick and transform your look into a modest yet modern office wear option.
- A lace slip dress can be worn under a short solid shirt dress to reveal the lace hem. Add a belt for an ultra-feminine look that is both formal and sexy.
- Sweaters make everything cosier. Pair your dress with a cardigan or pullover to make it a 9-5 outfit. An oversized pullover with a slim belt and stockings over your dress also make for a great workwear.
- A denim jacket may be too casual for office but try it if the norms permit. You can also pick a khaki or even a floral jacket for a hint of youthfulness.
- Transform it into a top. Tuck in your pants, layer with a blazer and done! Nobody knows what that sexy satin blouse inside is and you have used that slip dress so perfectly well!
We gave the slip dress our own polished spin. Click here to shop the look:
So this season don’t shy away from this trendy, slinky dressy piece and make this not so routine dress a part of your routine effectively.
Featured image and product collage: www.prshots.com