Is a girl’s wardrobe ever complete without a little black dress? Dresses are undoubtedly the most important closet essential for women around the world. In varied silhouettes, from midis and minis to bodycon and maxi dresses, this sartorial item offers viable options for every season. Most dresses are reinterpreted in feminine ways, from Marilyn Monroe’s legendary “flying” dress in The Seven Year Itch to Kate Middleton’s elegant ensembles. Yet, there are also those with a bolder take on fashion. Taking a cue from Elizabeth Hurley’s safety pin dress by Versace to super blogger Leandra Madine (Man Repeller’s) pairing of dresses with pants, our fashion picks are a tribute to nonconformists, rebels and game changers. Here are our ideas to reinvent the definition of wearing a dress.
- Slide on a leather jacket for a rebellious evening look.
- Affix a utilitarian military structure to your look with a vest or jacket.
- Shirt dress with distressed boyfriend jeans is the coolest trend.
- Give your silhouette a new spin by pairing a dress with an oversized sweater.
- Reinvent the LBD with button down shirts and a pair of ankle length boots.
- Dress, nipped with a slim belt and hat, is both hip and progressive.
- Exude a tough girl image with bold statement jewellery.
- Accessorise dresses with trendy big-dial watches and wayfarers for a cool, edgy look.
- Ditch those heels and throw on a pair of sneakers with your dress.
- Team that dress with Oxfords or brogues for a celebrity chic style.
Give your ultra-feminine dresses a makeover with these failsafe, avant-garde essentials for a cool and confident look.
Click here to book online and offline personal styling and image consulting package on elanstreet.
Image courtesy PR Shots, Opening Ceremony